Health & Fitness Business Insurance
Ottawa Fitness Insurance
According to the International Health, Racquet and Sports Club Association (IHRSA), your industry has experienced continuous growth over the last twenty years. One reason for this is the media; the fitness business is the beneficiary of a remarkable amount of free promotion every year. This is because the benefits of regular exercise are constantly touted in print, on TV, and on the internet.
More recently, two other factors have impacted your business:
- Corporate involvement – 31% of Canada’s larger corporations subsidize employee health club memberships, according to IHRSA.
- Health insurance involvement – An increasing number of health insurance plans reward their members for participating in regular exercise programs.
All of this exposure means you’re probably seeing new members representing non-traditional markets such as seniors, children and sedentary people coming into your club. They want a facility that is safe for exercise. That’s where insurance comes in.
Your organization is exposed to unique risks and you need health & fitness business insurance that can cover you on all fronts.
Who Needs Fitness Insurance?
Gym insurance is available to all owners of heath and fitness clubs in the Ottawa area, and incorporates both traditional insurance and club-specific lines of insurance, so that owners can focus on growing a successful business. If your business falls under one of the following categories, you could benefit from health & fitness business insurance:
- Personal trainer
- Fitness classes
- Nutrition store
- Tanning salon
Gym Insurance Options
At Bradley’s Insurance, we will help you to consider many important coverage options, such as:
1) General Liability
- Comprehensive general liability
- Premises liability
- Special events coverage outside the club is included for the entity and professional instructors or consultants
- Personal injury liability
- Coverage for contracted professionals for additional premium
- Employee benefits liability
- Coverage for tanning
- Liquor liability coverage
- Abuse or molestation coverage
2) Professional Liability
- Health and Fitness Professional Liability coverage
- Coverage for the entity and employed professionals including lifeguards, racket sports instructors, aerobic & fitness instructors
- Blanket limits with large in-house capacity
- Special causes of loss coverage on buildings, contents, business income and extra expense
- Coverage including property of customers in your care, custody or control
- Coverage for outdoor pools and court surfaces
- Signs (attached or unattached)
- Precious metals, including trophies
- Business income and extra expense
- Pollutant clean-up and removal
4) Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Ask about our available umbrella coverage limits
- Owned auto
- Hired and non-owned auto
- Hired car physical damage
- Rental reimbursement for private passenger vehicles
6) Crime and Fidelity
- Theft, disappearance and destruction
- Forgery or alteration
- Employee dishonesty
Two Reasons to Get Started Right Away
- Bradley’s Insurance is an experienced health and fitness facility insurer. We will review your club, customer base, and exposures to customize a comprehensive protection plan for your business.
- You can get a no-risk quote right away. After you fill out this short form we will get back to you within a day with affordable policy options.