Technology Insurance in the Ottawa area
Technology insurance in Ottawa incorporates many aspects of insurance that applies to you, whether you are developing cloud-based solutions, wi-fi, wearables, ethernet products, video solutions, medical products or others. Technology insurance is not limited to the Information Technology (IT) field; it applies to many of the different technology-based businesses that operate in Ottawa and the surrounding area. There are many liability issues that most technology-based businesses face today, and it is vital to understand all of the risk factors. Work with an experienced Bradley’s Insurance specialist to build an affordable custom Technology Insurance package that is right for your company. Insure the risks before they happen.
What is Technology Insurance?
Technology coverage can include IT Insurance and many liability or legal issues faced by businesses today. It is designed to cover general liability issues as well as ones of negligence. This includes professional liability insurance and errors and omission coverage. If your business could potentially make an error that would have a negative effect on a client or customer, and they can sue you for it, you need protection.
Who Needs Tech Insurance?
Many types of service businesses should consider technology coverage. A few examples are:
- OEM companies
- IT consultants and IT service providers
- Web designers
- Service providers
- Design services firms
- Hardware, firmware, software designers
- Telecommunication services
- Renewable energy services
- Electronics businesses
- Computer businesses
- Contract electronic manufacturers
A Typical Tech Insurance Policy
A standard policy should include your basic needs, such as:
- Commercial property insurance
- Building contents insurance
- General liability
- Errors and Omission Coverage (Professional Liability)
- Data breach IT insurance
- Directors and officers insurance – many companies should protect themselves from allegations of misconduct by company officers.
Depending on your business, you may need to consider several or all of these options:
- Commercial Automobile Insurance
- Cyber crime insurance
- Loss of data coverage
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Business Interruption insurance.
- Employment practices insurance – if someone feels that you violated their rights in hiring or firing practices, you could be facing a major lawsuit, and this coverage will help pay for damages and legal costs.
- Extended reporting periods – this insurance option allows the policy holder to report a claim for a specified amount of time after coverage has lapsed.
- Trade Credit Insurance
Don’t Take Unnecessary Risks with Your Future
For most people, owning and running a business is the culmination of many years of hard work and a lifetime of dreams. When you fail to fully protect all of your business risks, you could lose everything that you have sacrificed and worked so hard for. If you do not know everything there is to know about insurance (and most people do not), you should consider using an experienced insurance specialist from a trusted independent agency like Bradley’s Insurance. This gives you business advantages.
- An independent insurance specialist makes it easy. You will not have to spend hours researching and comparing companies; this is all done for you.
- With access to many top insurance companies, you are assured of getting competitive rates on tech insurance that will fit your business’s budget.
- An independent broker makes sure that you have all of the necessary coverage options — this is the best way to completely protect your future.
Why Bradley’s Insurance?
Besides the above listed benefits, our technology specialist spent more than 20 years working in the high tech hub of Ottawa; this valuable experience directly relates to the IT insurance needs of your company. We can take care of the needs of the smallest business, or a corporation with hundreds of employees in Ottawa and the surrounding area. Wouldn’t it be nice to work with a broker who understands your business and can speak your lingo?
Bradley’s Insurance addresses local, regional, nationwide, and international insurance needs, and we are here to serve those needs with experienced industry-related professionals.